Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011!

It's been a long time since I last wrote on my blog, and a lot had happened in our home.

The biggest change is that I left my fantastic part-time job as a teacher's aid (that I only started a year ago) in favor of returning to school and FINALLY getting my own teaching certification. What a big change for all of us! I finished my first semester a few weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier about how it turned out. I got a nice solid A in my Educational Planning class, and an A- in my Creative Non-Fiction class (I still haven't seen my final portfolio, and I am anxious to see the comments on my writing).

The Creative Non-Fiction class is really what spurred me to bring this little old blog back to life. The class's focus was memoir writing, and what better way to create my memoir (someday...) than by actually writing about my daily life?

I am not sure if this blog will have a focus at this point. We have a busy house here with 2 kids in elementary school, one in preschool, a husband who works full-time AND teaches a class, and my crazy full-time mom/part-time employee/part-time student schedule...

My classes will resume in 2 weeks. It will be a busy semester with 2 classes and 2 Field Experiences. I am happy to be returning to my high school for my field experiences, but they will take up quite a bit of my "free time." I return to my part-time Saturday job the same week that classes resume. In the meantime, I am enjoying being a full-time mom again (and really enjoying that we are finally back into a routine after the craziness - and fun - of the holidays!).

No comments:

Post a Comment