Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mommy Guilt

This afternoon, I had to turn down a playdate for my 5-year-old. One of his friends called and BEGGED for him to come play, and I had to say no.

This is one of the biggest issues I have with doing home day care. I can't just pick up and take my son to play at his friend's house (nor can I offer to host the playdate here - since we have so many kids here!). I don't have other children on Fridays, so I made plans for a Friday playdate, but I still feel guilty that my son isn't able to play with friends like most other kids can.

I have to remind myself that he wouldn't be able to have playdates if he was in day care. AND, he does have built-in playmates in the childcare kids here.

My mother did (actually, still does) day care when I was growing up, and I remember how it bothered me to not be able to go somewhere or have someone over because of "the kids."

I think today is really going to factor into my decision about what to do next year. I am glad to be blogging these feelings. I can look back and remember how guilty I felt today and know that I truly feel like I should be home with ONLY my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment