I just wanted to remind myself that although I am very frustrated at times, I have much to be thankful for. I am thankful for:
- My 3 healthy, beautiful children.
- My loving husband who is truly my "other half."
- My home - which provides us with shelter and offers us more space than we really do need.
- My husband's job - which provides everything we need and then some.
- My jobs - which have provided us with a year of financial freedom and a big old fun vacation (already paid for!) coming up in June.
- My education - I have a BA in English Literature, and there has never been a moment where I have regretted my education - ever.
- My family - tomorrow is my Brother-In-Law's birthday, and it's been crazy trying to schedule a little celebration for him. But I am so blessed to have family who is close enough to me that we have to worry about getting together at least once a week.
- My neighbors - I sometimes complain about living in a close-quarters townhome development, but the truth is that I have some wonderful people living close to me who will never hesitiate to lend a hand if I need it!
- My friends - I don't have many close friends anymore, but today I was thinking of a good friend. 20 years of memories!
- My garden - I am so thankful I have been given a little piece of the earth to call my own! It's amazing that soon 100 sq ft will be feeding my family.
There's so much more to be thankful for. I am a truly blessed woman - even if I worry too much about money, jobs, weight and the unattainable quest for "perfection."