Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I love my Wii Fit!


I am going to totally own up to having some weight issues today. i was always one of those people everyone hated in high school and college. You know who I am talking about - the girl who could eat an entire bag of potato chips in one sitting and still wear a size 5 - without one single sit-up.

That was me - 15 years ago. Now is a whole different story. My metabolism slowed down right around when I turned 21, however, I never really changed my eating habits. Add three pregnancies, working nights (and coming home hungry and eating a second dinner at 11:30 PM) and having general bad eating habits, and I have a whopping 40 extra pounds on me these days.

I was in denial about how much weight I had gained for some time, but I fully own up to it now. I've tried several things to lose weight, but nothing really stuck. I joined Curves after Jacob was born - and it worked and I enjoyed it, but a work-related schedule change made it impossible for me to get there. Same with the gym I joined last year - I would faithfully go at least three times a week UNTIL I got a new babysitting client and had to be home.

BUT - Craig got me a Wii for Christmas and we've had lots and lots of fun playing WiiSports games as a family. However, I really wanted a Wii Fit. I had to wait 2 months, but we did finally find one. I LOVE my Wii Fit.

I haven't actually seen any weight loss yet, but I feel so much better. I do at least 30 minutes a day - and it's fun! I've started doing the Free Run option and actually did a 20-minute (3.5 mile) run during Desperate Housewives this week! :) I am hoping that once it's nice outside that I can do the run outdoors in addition to the Wii Fit in the evening. The Yoga feels so nice to do, and the Strength Training seems to work my muscles at my own snail's pace. The kids love watching and doing the balance games!

I am hoping that the Wii Fit has helped me to turn over a new leaf. I am now getting 30 minutes of exercise a day, and I am starting towork on my portion control when I am eating. Hoepfully, I'll start to see some results soon (like before I have to put on a bathing suit in Florida this June!).

What sort of exercise do you actually do and love?

No comments:

Post a Comment